A bot also has to record creature stats and your stats.
For instance DM Bot: You come to a crossroads, you can take the right [Command: Right] path where the fog builds or you can go left [Command: Left] where you hear roars in the distance.Llorianas: /Right DM Bot: You walk down the foggy path and lose your balance…What would also be time consuming is creating a “Tree” of events.Often the bot needs to give players choices [Again, question like] and it will determine exactly which point in the story [Which order/place of questions/narrative[ the characters will head in.Ones that monitor “runs”, ones that monitor duel games and record stats like deaths and deaths by whom, ones that organize that channel to organize a clan/guild and memberships [Non-clan members get auto-kicked and members get a ranking system], and most often, trivia bots. At the time, in an effort to keep the games alive, I began working on a way to allow us to play across the net, complete with a chat section, character sheets, and a “DM” function that allowed the current DM to see all necessary info on the other logged in characters.
That being said, I’ve seen chat bots do enough things to know that it’s possible for someone to create a campaign and role play bot. DM Bot: Upon being attacked, the flying creature, an Imp, descends upon you and attacks. Unfortunately, due to the time it took me to get the project to a “marginally functional” state, the games died anyway, and I ended up abandoning the project.
suddenly the ground beneath you disappears and you realize you have fallen off of a cliff.
You have 2 choices: Grab [Command: Grab] anything you can on the cliffside, Fall [Command: Fall] and hope you land in water or on something that breaks your fall.
For that, I am thinking the second bot needs to have a database of all of the enemies you encounter, as well as the player stats.
Hell, when the player says the attack command like /atk @Target #86 /w sword, it should be the second bot that responds to that with results.
Unfortunately, due to the time it took me to get the project to a “marginally functional” state, the games died anyway, and I ended up abandoning the project.