were located in the working copy, and we had to deal with them if we tried to copy or move parts of our working copy without exporting them.But this allowed such manipulation as I described above.
However, today, I fell into the (arguably) unfortunate circumstance of running into a most disturbing error from SVN.When trying to commit my changes, SVN barfed at me and complained of a “checksum mismatch”.In an eclipse plugin environment (and not only) this can lead to great problems because of the lost sync between the local and remote repositories.The result is something like:commit -m "" /home/moovida/rcpdevelopment/WORKSPACES/jgrassudig33workspace/eu.hydrologis.jgrass.charting.jfreechart.libs/META-INF/MANIFEST. svn: Commit failed (details follow): svn: Commit failed (details follow):svn: Checksum mismatch for '/home/moovida/rcpdevelopment/WORKSPACES/jgrassudig33workspace/eu.hydrologis.jgrass.charting.jfreechart.libs/META-INF/MANIFEST. But, for the life of me, I can’t imagine why it allows me to replace, without prompting me for an administrator password, text in a file with the following permissions: Whatever the reason, Coda changed the files, which just happened to be the Subversion (SVN) reference versions of some of my repository files.
I love it enough to choose to spend most of every day with it front-and-center on my screen.Then I went to server and ran [Mon Mar 28 .444710 2016] [dav:error] [pid 15202] [client 82.99.:53925] Unable to PUT new contents for /svn/xx/!svn/wrk/63c738bc-5301-0010-80f14d746ece7f88/repo/app/src/android Test/java//Formula Directly putting back the text that was changed didn’t work for me.I don’t know exactly how checksums are calculated, but it could be that they’re based on the contents of the file plus some meta-data (like the last modified date) or else I just missed some of the changes.A benefit of my way over other procedures I’ve seen described is that I didn’t have to do anything special to get back to a state where I could commit the latest changes I had made.